Artist in Residence
Space for Handmade Explorative Design
The A.I.R at the Doublet SHED offers emerging textile and/or wood craftspeople an opportunity to spend one month creating and sharing their process and work with the community of Midcoast Maine. For the months of July and August we are seeking applicants to take over the SHED. We will host one artist each month to make work, display work and engage with travelers, locals, viewers and potential clients. We are interested in all types of proposals and encourage artists to respond to the environment the SHED occupies. Residents will be responsible for completing and documenting their proposed project, installing an exhibition that coincides with art walk, being the SHED Talk guest of the month, and keeping the SHED open 5 days a week.
- A work space & exhibition space AKA the SHED
- A basic tool kit including needle, thread, hammer, chisel, radio etc...
- An opportunity to create, curate, meet clients and sell work
- Housing in Bath Me (10 miles from S.H.E.D.)
- Stipend - $1,000
- Great conversation
- Reliable transpiration to and from SHED.
- Residents will provide their own meals.
- Provide specific tools and materials appropriate to the scale and resources of your project and the work space.